Black and Yellow Themed Classroom Decor


Wahoo! We are officially chilling out during the summer and then like any teacher, your brain begins to wonder what you can do brand new for next year. If you are anything like me, you will probably spend the next two months reflecting on the past year and thinking about what you can do to make it better.
         I will say that I had a lot of success this past year, and a lot of it was due to the new strategies I implemented throughout the course of the year, but each and everyday I felt happy and at home in my classroom because it was colorful!
         I knew I wanted to do something bumblebee themed since bumblebees are so flipping fantastic! I began the year telling my students about the three types of bees: drones, workers, and queen bees. The drones are the lazy bees and they usually have a shorter life span. The worker bee’s work to pollenate the flowers all around the hive while the queen reproduces and takes care of the hive. My students were then asked to think about which bee they would be like.

         With that being said, my class had an understanding of why bees were the symbol for our classroom and they were motivated to work hard each and everyday. I created my own Black and Yellow Classroom Decor using the graphics I had on my computer. They turned out great. I’m a relatively new teacher working in one of the worst states for teacher pay, so I don’t have a TON of many Not much at all actually (LOL only kidding kind of)!
         Each year I invest a little of my money back into my classroom, and last year I bought a class set of new clipboards. They were super nice and super expensive! I knew I wanted to switch it up a little, but I couldn’t afford to go out and buy all of the new posters at a teacher shop, so I decided to make my own!
         I was worried that the yellow and black would overwhelm the white walls and I wouldn’t like it, but I added a pop of color here and there, and I think it turned out great!

         I created some letters too! I printed them, cut them out, and glued them to paper plates. It was super cheap and gave my word wall a nice, bold look.


 I’m thinking about investing in a new mat this year or new bookshelves since mine seem to need replacing every year. I’m not sure. What are you going to be investing in this summer? Let me know in the comments! I’d love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment